Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramussons

Someone here wants to restore an old transistor radio Philips Skipper 15DL 464

The unit uses a radio chip TEA 5713 and TBA 820 as the audio. The radio has 4 bands, 2 SW, 1 FM and AM.

Can anyone give me a schematic of this radio?

Thanks,
Ramesh

You better approach a philips dealer or service station. they do have the service manuals.

If you know them they can give a copy. or service at a charge.
meanwhile a publisher called BPB (business promotion beuro) had published at least 4 volumes or more for Philips and other makes. Try with them. They have a branch at many places like metros , other places like Hyderabad, Bangaluru etc.

Just to warn you, there might not even be a manual available - Philips pioneered the "non-repairable" radio, where they offered neither spares nor information.

Thanks Nigel Goodwin and HiTech.

This radio was supposed to have been repaired earlier by a Philips service centre. So hopefully, it may not be one of those 'use and throw.' Hopefully, I'll get something on the web.

Ramesh

Just to warn you, there might not even be a manual available - Philips pioneered the "non-repairable" radio, where they offered neither spares nor information.

This model, Nigel, was also made in India and Philips service guys used to keep service manuals
earlier as a booklet for each , and later as a book form from M/s Philips India

I was regularly attending Philips models way back in 70s. i saw such volumes.
I do agree Philips pioneered use and throw models. Our latest TV sets are like that only from Philips.

One thing for sure, even TEA5713 might really pose a issue to replace, even if DIP as pin spacing is 0.05" or 1.77mm

Last edited:
This model, Nigel, was also made in India and Philips service guys used to keep service manuals
earlier as a booklet for each , and later as a book form from M/s Philips India

I was regularly attending Philips models way back in 70s. i saw such volumes.

I was presuming this radio was more modern than that, as it uses IC's - I can't remember when exactly Philips stopped spares and manuals for their radios, but I presume it was during the late 70's?.

I had manuals for radios pre-dating then, and repaired huge numbers of 'Pop Master' radios in the early 70's :D

Back in the 80's and earlier, there were excellent "after sales service" centres for almost all electronic stuff - radios, tv's, sound systems ...

Then came the "Economic Liberalization" and everything became "Use and Throw".

Ramesh

you may be able to get enough information to troubleshoot the radio from the data sheets for the ICs. the data sheets often contain "reference designs" that are very close to what actually gets made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back