Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

hey.
I have a Sony cd\tuner. I have receiveing problems with some stations. on the tuner sections I saw 6 adjastable resisters or capacitors. does someone know what should I adjast to get a perfect receive station.

sorry for my english
thanks a head...

What is the problem with the stations which you do not receive well?
Are they too weak, or too far away?
Are they being swamped by stronger local stations?
Are there two distant stations on the same frequency?

Whatever the problem is, I am 99.9% sure that it will not be fixed by blindly tweeking the internal adjustments in the radio.

A better antenna may be a solution to your problem.

JimB

If you don't understand what you are doing you shouldn't adjust things!, particularly as they almost certainly won't have gone out of alignment on their own - it's more likely there's a fault instead (assuming it used to work well?).

Many years ago we had a guy bring a black and white dual standard TV in for repair, it was a valve set, and being dual standard had a huge amount of IF transformers on the chassis (pre-PCB). As he brought it in, he commented that he had "tightened all those loose screws down", an examination showed that he had taken every tuning core to the bottom!!.

Listen to Nigel... those variable caps tune the Intermediate Frequency and discriminator oscillators-- changing those will render your reciever totally inoperable. The person who brought that TV in most likely walked right back out the door to purchase a replacement since returning all the oscillators would take forever without the custom rig they use at factory.

You are receiving stations outside the normal frequency range. The only problem that's happened to your radio is that its range of resonant frequencies has changed. This can happen if your radio becomes old or has suffered an impact.

The solution is that you should adjust your Coil at the front end. i.e. adjust the coil which is in parallel with your main tuning capacitor.

Do tell me if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back