Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio controlled hummer with xbox 360 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalic soulja

Hey guys,
I am building a radio controlled hummer at about 1:4 scale if i remember correctly (1014mm X 390mm). So far i have the chassis cut out but that is about it. I want to use an xbox 360 controller to control it with a pc xbox wireless receiver which will plug into a laptop onboard the car. It then needs to be programmed to run the motor (or motors as ill probably have 2), lighting, audio and possibly the movement of a camera and a screen. I am looking at a microcontroller called the motor-bee (DC Motor and Servo Control Using a Single USB Port on a PC) and another called the maxi-bee (Adaptor board providing 64 Digital Outputs from one USB Port). If i could i would also like to be able to control it with an ipod touch (wifi). Is this the way i should do it? are there cheaper or better ways? anything else you think i could add?
Any help, suggestions or criticism is greatfull :D
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back