Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rack style enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

On the subject of rack mounted cases, i remember a long time ago when electronic music was in it's infancy (1980's) there were many projects in magazines that used rack casing, i have found rack casing but can't find the type that is slim and stack side by side, like the ones used for early modular synths, you know one for the VCO, one for the VCF, one for the VCA etc, they would be ideal for my syntom project, any idea's where i might find these?

Neil.

Maybe a VME chassis or 19" rackmount 3RU or 4RU chassis. I used to use them but they are IMO generally time consuming to assemble and expensive.

Your right Dougy, just found what i was thinking of and way too expensive, i'm going to have to come up with something else.

Neil.

Hi Neil,

19" racks are not as expensive as you might think.

A 3HE (height units) 19" rack costs EURO29.95 for a bus system and EURO36,95 for PCB-connectors.

Those racks are available at htt://wwwfisherelektronik.de/

The URL is multilingual and you can select your language after finding the German flag with printed "deutsch" on the top right corner of the home page.

They offer also push-in racks and different width front panels cut to size.

Here is the image of a 19" rack. Measurements are: Width: 426.7mm, Height: 3HE (132.5mm) and Depth: 178mm.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 19-Zoll-Baugruppentraeger.jpg
    19-Zoll-Baugruppentraeger.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back