Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R L C cirucit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisa112

Hi,

Another questions i need some help understanding:

Why is the LM741 IC a better choice than an RLC ciruit or DSP (digital filter by programmed microprocesser)??

Cheers,
Chris

I don't know.

What task? Audio filter?

Better than DSP? Why? With DSP you could easilly have opportunity to change fequenzy limits. But DSP may add more noise to the output signal.

The 741 is a poor choice for any application involving frequencies above a few Khz.

Hi,

Another questions i need some help understanding:

Why is the LM741 IC a better choice than an RLC ciruit or DSP (digital filter by programmed microprocesser)??

Cheers,
Chris

Hi there Chris,

Well, you are asking a question that already has a built in presumption: that the 741 is somehow better than anything else. There is no reason to presume this until you have a particular application that you are working with.

For example, if you dont want to use a digital technique, then you are stuck with op amps or passive filters, but on the other hand if you can use a digital technique then you have a lot of flexibility in how you design it.
Also, sometimes passive filters are better than op amps simply because they can work without a power supply and up to very high frequencies too.

These are just a few examples why we cant assume a 741 (or even other type of op amp) is better than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back