Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C transmitter/reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pockyking

So, I'm new to both this website, and to electronic projects. I'm a big fan of R/C cars, and I'm trying to build on right now, i'm having issues with having to use a wire to control it. I'm still designing it, and I need to order motors. But I was wondering if someone on here could help me find a schematic for a wireless reciever/transmitter to use for this project. 2 channel at a bare minimum, 3 or more would be nice. I know very little terminology, but I'm very willing to learn.
Thank you for your time.

Pockyking

It is far easier and cheaper to just buy a transmitter and the receiver. Even if you know the electronics, it takes quite a bit of work to make the control sticks and the other mechanics.

Then build the electronics that reads that signal and drives your motors. Or, again, cheaper and easier to buy the an RC motor driver that is designed to take the signal to drive the motor- called an electronic speed controller (ESC) by RC hobbiests.

Of all RC electronic equipment, the radio transmitter and receiver are by far the hardest things to build, and they have mechanical difficulties too. Best to start building another component of the system on your own, like the motor driver.

Last edited:
first thing, I'm sorry if I seem a little thick headed, or uneducated with this...

I looked around for recievers/transmitters/ESC's, and I found this radio...
**broken link removed**

I'm not sure what the rest of the items should look like.

I would like to do the same as you have Mikebits. Buying everything, except for the chassis. But I lack the knowledge for what to pick out for the motor, ESC, reciever, etc. I've picked out a few items, and with alot of research I THINK that this would be the system that I would want to use.

I want to use the vehicle for high speed racing, drag racing preferably. I Want to use brushless electric motors, and I know that a turn 3 motor has way more speed then a 27 turn motor. And that only certain esc's will work with certain motors, because if the motor has too low of a turn number, used with too high of a turn number ESC then it'll burn up the ESC. I hope that I've given a good estimate on what I want to build, here's links to everything that i've found. If someone could verify whether or not these are compatible to each other or not it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, will I need a battery for the Reciever and the ESC?

PockyKing

Radio:
**broken link removed**
Reciever:
**broken link removed**
Crystal: (need 2 possibly)
**broken link removed**
motor and esc:
**broken link removed**
Battery and charger:
**broken link removed**

Status