Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quiz Buzzers for 10 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRazz

Hi,

I need help. My daughter has asked for a "quiz themed" birthday party and in order to make it as realistic as possible I would like to build a set of buzzers. The only real requirements are:

a) every child has a "buzzer"
b) I know (as question master) - who buzzed first
c) No one gets electricuted in the process ( I think this should really have been the first requirement )

Now, I'm sure this isn't the most difficult thing in the world to achieve. However my knowledge isnt the greatest - Ive been know to put plugs in the wrong way round....

What I could do with is:
a) a list of equipment I should purchase and a very detailed idea of what happens next.

or

b) the name of a good book aimed at someone like me,

or

c) a different party idea...

I've no idea if anyone can help me. I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend their own time helping a complete stranger who is basically to tight to spend £250 on hiring them. But any advice would be very, very welcome...

Thank you.

Ian

hi Ian,
Whats your location.?
How about if every child [10] has a push button, wired to one buzzer.??
Powered from a PP3 9V battery.

Hi,

I need help. My daughter has asked for a "quiz themed" birthday party and in order to make it as realistic as possible I would like to build a set of buzzers. The only real requirements are:

a) every child has a "buzzer"
b) I know (as question master) - who buzzed first
c) No one gets electricuted in the process ( I think this should really have been the first requirement )

Now, I'm sure this isn't the most difficult thing in the world to achieve. However my knowledge isnt the greatest - Ive been know to put plugs in the wrong way round....

What I could do with is:
a) a list of equipment I should purchase and a very detailed idea of what happens next.

or

b) the name of a good book aimed at someone like me,

or

c) a different party idea...

I've no idea if anyone can help me. I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend their own time helping a complete stranger who is basically to tight to spend £250 on hiring them. But any advice would be very, very welcome...

Thank you.

Ian
i dont understand what are you asking

do you mean like in the television show ?

I found these with Google:

**broken link removed**
https://www.ied.edu.hk/has/phys/de/app/qm.htm

Didn't find anything for 10 people, but I think those are easy to modify for 10 or more people. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Game Circuits
This the simplest, infinitely expandable game buzzer circuit I've found.

Ken

Firstly, thank you all for replying...

In answer to your questions:

That sounds like the general thing Im after and I live in Kent.

Yes, like in a TV show.

Ian

Firstly, thank you all for replying...

In answer to your questions:

That sounds like the general thing Im after and I live in Kent.

Yes, like in a TV show.

Ian
you could use ten buzzer , ten 555 ( to make a variant sound ) and ten pushbutton

read something about square wave with 555

and let me know :)

Last edited:
Mornin' Cap'n.

You can find more-or-less what you're looking for in a book called "PIC in Practice: A Project Based Approach", D.W. Smith, 2006, Newnes. - See "Project 2: Reaction Timer", pp.266-271.

This project gives up to six players a buzzer and an LED which lights up if they press first. - You might be able to expand it to the 10 you require (possibly using a different microcontroller).

There's not that much information given on actually building the device, so there will still be some things for you to figure out. The necessary programming is there, however.

I don't know how well it works; I've not tested it.

Good Luck.

Analogue.

Here is one I've used. First contestant in locks out all others. Buzzer indicates an answer and contestant's LED indicates who answered. 2-wire (cheap speaker wire), expandable to any number of contestants. 2-wire contestant cables can be either arranged in star or daisy-chin fashion.

Parts are from Farnell (UK)...for your convenience. "X" in the number of contestant stations.

X each LITTELFUSE|S401E|SCR THYRISTOR, 1A, 400V, TO-92 | Farnell United Kingdom
X each FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR|1N5226B|DIODE ZENER 3.3V 0.5W DO35 | Farnell United Kingdom
1 each MULTICOMP|MCMF0W4FF3300A50|RESISTOR, METAL FILM, 330OHM, | Farnell United Kingdom
X each MULTICOMP|MCMF0W4DF1003A50|RESISTOR, 100K , 0.25W 0.5% 50PPM | Farnell United Kingdom
X each CHICAGO MINIATURE LIGHTING|4308H1|LED Lamp | Farnell United Kingdom
1 each KEYSTONE|2478|BATTERY HOLDER, LEADED, 4 AA | Farnell United Kingdom
X each APEM|1213C6|PUSHBUTTON, PLASTIC, 12MM, NO | Farnell United Kingdom
1 each APEM|1212C2|PUSHBUTTON, PLASTIC, 12MM, NC | Farnell United Kingdom
1 each KINGSTATE|KPEG-200A|PIEZO BUZZER | Farnell United Kingdom

Made one for a College Biology instructor for pre-final exam practice sessions. :)
Would help build it if I were there. :(

Ken

Attachments

• JeopardyGameSimple4.gif
    JeopardyGameSimple4.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back