Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick question Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikali

I just need to confirm some things about voltage and current. Dont need to work out the problems, just the concepts, or what you would do to solve.

Problem 1) Circuit 3 Picture

The problem has multiple resistors in parallel, I know voltage is the same for resistors in parallel. Could I either find the voltage at the 16ohm resistor multiplied by I1=1A and use this value. Or should I reduce the circuit and find an equivalent resistor

Problem 2) Circuit 4 Picture

Need to find the value of R, if the Resistor Equivalence is 4 ohm. It seems that R and 2 ohm are in parallel, and the 5 and 6 ohm resistors are in series which are in parallel to the R and 2. And this is in series with the 1 ohm. Or should I use a Y-Delta Transform. Which do you think would be the easiest way?

Attachments

• circuit 3.png
    circuit 3.png
    8 KB · Views: 275
  • circuit 4 problem.png
    circuit 4 problem.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 276
Could I either find the voltage at the 16ohm resistor multiplied by I1=1A and use this value.
Yes.

R and 2 ohm are in parallel
Yes.

the 5 and 6 ohm resistors are in series which are in parallel to the R and 2
No. Redraw the circuit like this:

Resistor Problem.JPG

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back