Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick MOSFET driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiiuk

Hi all,

I'm currently designing a 24 VDC motor driver using two low side IPB009N03L (Infineon) in parallel. However, I'm having a slight problem with the MOSFET driver circuit; in particular the gate drive voltage. I would like to use a optocoupler gate driver like the ZXGD3003E6 powered from the 24V supply but the gate voltage will be 24V which exceeds the maximum for the MOSFETs.

Can any one suggest a way around this, I can not seem to find any gate drivers with a fixed 10V drive voltage and I don't really want to have to create a separate supply for it.

All the best.
Mat

If that's the only thing you need 12 volts for I think you could get away with a zener regulator. Use a ceramic cap along with a good electrolytic for the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back