Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick help on Pic Program software

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebanks

I am i need of the name of the program for programing chips as ive forgotten the name of it.

It uses simple tasks such as 'goto' and 'out' etc

Ill try to describe it as best a posible, it has lines and collums the lines are numbered. We use the program at my school therefore its a simple software. It has a few output lights also numbered to the right hand side of the software.

If you do not know this software described then please post with a software i can use thats simple, not microchip as i all ready have this software but its too complicated to use.

thanks.

I am i need of the name of the program for programing chips as ive forgotten the name of it.

It uses simple tasks such as 'goto' and 'out' etc

Ill try to describe it as best a posible, it has lines and collums the lines are numbered. We use the program at my school therefore its a simple software. It has a few output lights also numbered to the right hand side of the software.

If you do not know this software described then please post with a software i can use thats simple, not microchip as i all ready have this software but its too complicated to use.

thanks.

hi,
It sounds like BASIC,, if you Google for PIC Basic you should get a number of hits. OK.

Last edited:
PICBasic or PIC-Axe maybe?

My first thought was PICaxe, but it's lines aren't numbered. The school thing, and the numbered lights still point in that direction. PICaxe can be programmed simply by using a flow chart, and its sim program does use pseudo-LEDS.

Even if the OP isn't referring to PICaxe, that is still a very good introduction to the world of microprogramming. Nearly everything that can be done with a PIC can be done with PICaxe, albeit perhaps not as fast, or to great depth. But the basics are there, and easily learned. The compiler is free, and there is no programmer involved. Easy to get started.

Stepping up to more advanced study is very easy, especially when one starts learning Boost C. (PICaxe on steroids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back