Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick easy math answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.

phalynx212

simple series/parallel circuit
64v battery supply
2 -8 ohm resistors in series
2 more 8 ohm series resistors in parallel with other 2.

what is the total amperage of the circuit?

thank you just preparing for a test and making sure my math is correct.
if you dont mind, working out the problem for me?
just the formula of how you got it,

Im not sure I understand your circuit.

schematic ?

But to find the the total current I = V/R where R is the total resistance

Resistors in series add up Rs= R1 + R2 +...+Rn
Resistors in parrallel up like like Rp = (1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3+ ...+1/Rn)^-1

But a schematic will make me or anyone else be able to give you a better answer.

Im not sure I understand your circuit.

schematic ?

But to find the the total current I = V/R where R is the total resistance

Resistors in series add up Rs= R1 + R2 +...+Rn
Resistors in parrallel up like like Rp = (1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3+ ...+1/Rn)^-1

But a schematic will make me or anyone else be able to give you a better answer.

a square circut r1 and r2 in series r3 and r4 in series
r1+r2 in parallel with r3+r4
im sorry no schematic

+64v_______________r1=8ohm r3=8ohm
r2=8ohm r4=8ohm

Last edited:
The 4 resistors in a series - parallel array have the same resistance as one of them (8Ω)

Then I = U / R = 64V / 8Ω = 8 A

The amplifier has loss and is not rail-to-rail. Its peak voltage is probably 30V so its peak current with an 8 ohms load (the series /parallel arrangement) is 3.75A.

The RMS current is 2.65A.

Since you didn't work out the math then you must guess how I made my answer.

The amplifier has loss and is not rail-to-rail. Its peak voltage is probably 30V so its peak current with an 8 ohms load (the series /parallel arrangement) is 3.75A.

The RMS current is 2.65A.

Since you didn't work out the math then you must guess how I made my answer.

You lost me there. What amp are you talking about? Sounded like the original circuit was a batt and some resistors. Where did the amp come from?

You lost me there. What amp are you talking about? Sounded like the original circuit was a batt and some resistors. Where did the amp come from?

Looks like da guru has amped out and gone off da rails....

I think he got again desturbed by the same guy who posted the same damn thing on the another forum.

I think he got again desturbed by the same guy who posted the same damn thing on the another forum.

Perhaps that is the case, but still confusing to other readers.

Since the OP refused to show a schematic and talked about an extremely simple circuit of only a battery and 4 resistors, I made up an amplifier circuit.
Most amplifiers can drive 8 ohm speakers (but I don't like the poor damping when they are in series).

I think this is the circuit he is talking about. 2 series circuits of 16 ohms each, give a total resistance of 8 ohms. If the resistance of the par circuits are the same, divide it by 2 for 2 parallel circuits. A=e/r: 64/8=8 amps

Attachments

• cir.jpg
    cir.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back