Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick Eagle question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beginner

Just wondering if there is a way to import a design or logo into eagle to have that image on the board in the silk screen?

ThankS

I looked in the free version and did not see anything. Did a google, nothing either.

I would think you have to export it and add it with another program or have the PCB
shop add it. Since it is all vector driven, I can not see Eagle doing it unless you can make a part and symbol and put the graphic in the symbol.

Not really sure. Will check back to see what other say as it would be sort of cool and less copper in the ferric chloride for me.

Not really sure. Will check back to see what other say as it would be sort of cool and less copper in the ferric chloride for me.

If you want less etching, just pour a ground layer with a polygon. Search for 'eagle polygon ground layer' or something like that. I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials for it.

If you want less etching, just pour a ground layer with a polygon. Search for 'eagle polygon ground layer' or something like that. I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials for it.

Thanks for the import plug-in direction/script (in ulp). I didn't think to look and see what was in the ulp directory and there are many of them. I have added to it for 3D boards and all, just forgot all about
the scripts.

I might have to put a logo on the next one.

I have used the polygon to fill boards, small personal boards I use a wide sharpie marker and just color it in. Just thinking I could save a little more etchant with the logo, less to fill and have something nice to look at.

Good info, thanks.

Last edited:
The number or ULPs is large, it seems users have writteln ULP (User Language Programs) to do most anything worth doing.

I commonly use DRILL_AID (or is it DRILL-AID) to reduce the size of pad centers to a point that can be used to start a drill without skidding.

Another is BOM which generates a Bill Of Material in two different formats.

I would be interested in finding which ULPs others find useful.

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back