Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about turbine design

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I am designing a 2D picture to build a small turbine. The idea is to laser cut acrylic layers to "extrude" it.

The main questions I have is about the design and the measures.
You can see the concept here.

I want the blades as closed as possible to the other piece. How many millimeters are needed?
Also, the design of the blades is good to get the maximum force from the air?
25kilue.jpg

Why are you asking mechanical and aerodynamic design questions on an electronic forum? :confused:

Because I don't know other forum where I can ask. If you know one, it would be ok to know.
Don't know of one offhand.
You might do a Google search for mechanical forums.

Easier to make, flows better without corners.
Turbine.jpg

Thank you guys for the information. I will ask in the forum that jpanhalt has said.
Then I will ask the electronic details here, because the turbine has electronics inside.

An air / pneumatic motor may be what you want if you can get that complicated. They are very efficient. A die grinder will turn 10,000 RPMs or more.

Air motor.jpg

Air Motor: The rotor of the air motor rotates off center in the cylinder.
The vanes are pushed by compressed air and this rotates the rotor.
Air motor 2.jpg

Last edited:
An air motor can be got on its own, ie not part of a grinder etc, however you dont mention what medium your using, an air motor will not work well if theres liquid present as the vanes will not be able to slide in/out, a hydraulic motor might be more suitable allthough lubrication then would be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back