Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about the CMX860

Status
Not open for further replies.

what i understand from your not-very-clear post is that you want to control a circuit (which you have not posted) using a pc?

yes you could do that, you could then let your pc do all the controlling function. there are many programming languages available for you to accomplish that.

I'm presuming it's this IC you're asking about? , which appears to be a really low spec old modem and line interface?.

It describes the interface requirements as 'C Bus', so you would need to write the PC software to create a C Bus interface - presumably using the parallel port?. A preferable way though would be to use a micro-controller, which you could then interface to the PC via the serial port.

Let me clear it :)

I want to build an iterface that will let me connect any phone to the computer.
The interface will be connected to the telephone, to the computer (that will be connected to the internet) and to a phone line.

I want that all kind of calls (phone, internet) will go through the computer.
If it is a phone call so the interface will decode the caller id send it to the pc and the pc will send it back to the interface (which will generate it again) and to the phone.
If it is an internet phone call then the computer will signal the interface which will generate caller ID and send it to the telephone.
(I want it to be able to send also CIDCW).

I want to be able to combine a 2 kind of calls (internet and phone).

I will upload a diagram of this interface and it will be more clear (I hope) :arrow:

**broken link removed**

I thought to use a micro-controller.
I also found a circuit design the uses the micro controller AT90S1200
and it can do: cid/cidcw/ring basicly everything I need (I think),
exept for the aoudio seperation and a coller ID decoder between the phone line and the pc.

The circuit is this: (it is the circuit on the 2nd page)
**broken link removed**

Many existing modems for computers already do everything you want, using the software supplied with them - why not just buy one? - they cost very little these days.

Can you talk with a regullar telephone over the internet through a modem?? :roll:
all the fun is to build and design :)

and by the way can you give me a name of a modem which has it?

Thanks
Dor

chefach said:
Can you talk with a regullar telephone over the internet through a modem?? :roll:

No, but what would be the point?. You seem to be mixing a number of different terms here?, you keep mentioning phones, modems, and Internet, if you want to use a phone over the Internet you need a broadband connection, not a low speed dial-up. The chip you mentioned is also EXTREMELY low speed, V23 is only 1200/75 baud, the speed used by the long defunct Prestel service in the UK.

all the fun is to build and design :)

and by the way can you give me a name of a modem which has it?

Diamond SupraExpress 56 - but just look for any modem that's called a 'voice modem'.

I mentioned modem not for connecting to the internet with it.
the computer has high speed connection.
I mention 56k modem becuse you told its a way to connect a telephon and a telephone line to the computer,
and I think that with an appropriate software I can combine those 3 things together and get what I want.
Do you think it will work?
Although I would like to build my own interface :)

Dor

I'm still confused about what you are trying to do?, you keep mentioning a number of things that are not associated with each other! - such as telephone lines and high speed internet connections.

Do you want to connect a phone to your computer to talk over your internet connection?, if so what's the phone line got to do with it?.

YES I want to connect a telephone to my computer to talk over the internet,
and to be still able to dial a regular telephone number (so thats why I need a telephne line).
There will be a DTMF decoder that will tell the computer which numbers
you pressed and by that to decide if it is internet number or a regular telephone number, and make a call.

Hope you understood :)
Dor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back