Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about SPST switch wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedoc

I have a 30V intercom (lighted and sound) system. It is hardwired with a series of 14 SPST switches that are pushbutton in control per station. The SPST switch is an ITW Series 05-115 1amp 125 VAC with a lamp of 30v max. The switches are NO and MOM.

Now the good stuff. I am trying to add an additional station and tried to find the same switch (so I can copy the wiring of the original switches). I am not too good at extrapolating the wiring to a different type of switch. Apparently, the 05-115 ITW is no longer manufactured. I have search hi and low and did find some at Component Electronics in Canada (does anyone have any background on this company? are they legit?). However, they only have SP2T switches with 5 solder terminals instead of the 4 that the SPST has on my existing switch. Will this switch work? How do I tell which terminal not to use or do I need to connect two of the terminals to change to a SPST?

Does any one have ideas as to where I could get the SPST switch that has been discontinued? If the SP2T switch will not work?

Thank you for your time!!!!

I don't know anything about the old one, but you can use the 2p switch in the 1p's place as long as it's contacts are adequately rated for the NO switch. you will have one NC side to the switch where the input is connected to the output, don't use this one. use the other set....give me a minute, i can draw this.

If you can't get a schematic on the old one and it is not printed on the switch, get a voltmeter and measure the resistance across the terminals to find where the switch is. My guess is that there are multiple connection points to each side of the switch. there aren't any lights or anything else on them are there?

Attachments

• spst to spdt.jpg
    spst to spdt.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Please. The diagram would be great.
The SP2T switch is the same. 1amp 125VAC with the same lamp rating.

Thanks for the help.

The switch diagram 05-115 is on ITW webpage. I tried to put the diagram onto the link - too much data.

jnnewton said:
I don't know anything about the old one, but you can use the 2p switch in the 1p's place as long as it's contacts are adequately rated for the NO switch. you will have one NC side to the switch where the input is connected to the output, don't use this one. use the other set....give me a minute, i can draw this.

If you can't get a schematic on the old one and it is not printed on the switch, get a voltmeter and measure the resistance across the terminals to find where the switch is. My guess is that there are multiple connection points to each side of the switch. there aren't any lights or anything else on them are there?

It is a illuminated switch.

there is no infon on the pin numbering of the 05-622250 on that data sheet. maybe you could call the 800 number and tell them to send you a datasheet with the 05-622250 pin-outs? Unless you just want to go at it with a voltmeter.

Basically i was going to tell you which wire to take off of the spst and where to put it on the new one, but without a pin-out on the new one, this is impossible.

Switch

When I contacted C. Electronics the salesperson said they did not have a diagram for the switch or a tech. support person (they deal in discontiuned product). I think I will go with your idea of the voltmeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back