Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about kinjalgp light bulb sequencer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatteoP

:D Hi.
I am a new reader (and now a new writer, too) in this forum, and I think it's really interesting. I'm sorry for my bad english, so I hope you will be patient...
Before beginning I have some question about kinjalgp light bulb sequencer:
1) Is ground in low voltage section and in 220VAC section the same? I suppose to avoid connection of neutral line of 220VAC with GND, as represented at the bottom of the schematic.
2) For reasons of IC's safety, I'd like to insert some optoisolator (one per BC547). Is it useless?

Thanks to you all. I hope to give you sometimes an idea. Thanks again.
Matteo.

For IC safety no need, but You can use optotriacs for each channels (e.g. MOC3041) No need transistors, just a seriel 560ohm resistors for opto-LED-s.

MatteoP said:
:D Hi.
1) Is ground in low voltage section and in 220VAC section the same? I suppose to avoid connection of neutral line of 220VAC with GND, as represented at the bottom of the schematic.
2) For reasons of IC's safety, I'd like to insert some optoisolator (one per BC547). Is it useless?
Yes, the ground of circuit and NEUTRAL of AC mains are tied together so as to make common reference for low voltage side and the TRIAC circuit. If you use opto-isolators (MOC3011 as Sebi said) you no more require to short circuit ground and neutral. This will increase personal safety and has nothing to do with IC safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back