Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is, but it's only useful in very very special cases since the code generated would be unreadable by a human. Also, they're not free.

You're better off running through the assembler line by line.

Otherwise people would have all their code stolen if it was that easy.

Yes I agree completely with Dknguyen. It would be easier to do the assembler.

jownstar said:
hi for ALL

is there program convert from HEX to C or from ASM to C :confused: :confused:

Yes, they are in a class of software called "decompilers". You need one which can handle the specific target architecture and language variant in which you're interested. However, you need to be pretty darn good with hex, assembler, and C to decide which one you need, how to use it, and how to read the output. There is a good chance that a decompilation suite for the specific job you have in mind does not exist, although a generic one might get you close.

What exactly are you trying to do? It would probably be simpler just to write your own code.

Torben

sorry ,I was busy...........
thanks ALL...
I have some hex files for projects (pic microcontroller).........

and I like use c language more ASM language, I know

c language more ASM language too .

However c language easier from ASM .....

I now use DISASSEMBLER but I want program convert

from hex to c or asm to c

what I do ???

jownstar said:
what I do ???

Not much you can do, except ask the maker for their source code. If you're trying to steal their code, then they're probably going to say no. How did you get hex files that you have no source code to?

dknguyen said:
Not much you can do, except ask the maker for their source code. If you're trying to steal their code, then they're probably going to say no. How did you get hex files that you have no source code to?

well I will am truthful , there electronic magazine in

my country put hex files only for projects , this

projects work form good, and I want analysis this

program line by line .
hope help me !!!!

jownstar said:
well I will am truthful , there electronic magazine in

my country put hex files only for projects , this

projects work form good, and I want analysis this

program line by line .
hope help me !!!!

What is your country? Can you give a link to the magazine website? Did you download the HEX file from the website or did it come on CD with the magazine?

Torben

Well you're going to have to learn assembly, I've never seen a hex file converted (disassembled) to anything except uncommented assembly. To make matters worse if the original was in C or some other high level language the disassembly version will be cryptic.

Sounds like you're trying to figure out this, why not just build it with the same PIC?
http://www.ivica-novakovic.from.hr/IrOn-Off-eng.htm

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
Well you're going to have to learn assembly, I've never seen a hex file converted (disassembled) to anything except uncommented assembly. To make matters worse if the original was in C or some other high level language the disassembly version will be cryptic.

This is true. The disassembler (or decompiler) has to create its own symbol names etc. and unless you are handy with assembly it'll look like digital porridge.

Reverse-engineering is something which takes practice. I used to do it quite a bit on Intel boxes but I'm rusty. I used lots of notes on paper to keep track of what was going on. I've never tried it from a HEX file.

Torben

jownstar said:
well I will Learn Assemble:mad: :mad:

thanks ALL

Why are you mad at us? We didn't make the world the way it is.

Some things are hard. That's why not everybody does them.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back