Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hello i have some questions to ask

first how do you tell the diffrence btw types of ICs like Power, network ICs?

Second is there continuesty accros resistors?

Thirdly, is it possible to get panel diagrams of mobile phones on the net?

lastly i once found a site with lots of free ebooks on almost all topics but i lost it. can anyone help me out?
Thanks.

It would seem that the number of the IC is required to know it's function. The IC packages are common though some packages give clues such as a tab for mounting to a heat sink.

A resistor is a conductor so you could conclude that it has 'continuity' between leads. Whether or not a continuity tester indicates 'continuity' is determined by the characteristics of the tester and the value of the resistor. As the resistor's value increases from zero ohms there is likely a point where it behaves, for your purposes, as an insulator but you'd have to define that point. Insulators are considered non-conductive yet you might find some with measureable (though extremely low) conductivity.

ulot said:
Hello i have some questions to ask

Second is there continuesty accros resistors?

lastly i once found a site with lots of free ebooks on almost all topics but i lost it. can anyone help me out?
Thanks.
yeah like steve said , the numbers in the IC tell you what is inside..
Panel diagrams ? not sure what that is ?
did you google E books ?

yea, just type in the number on the IC on google and itll give you data sheets, places to buy them, and stuff.

Thanks.

if you ever find that place PLEASE tell me!!

i dont know, i kind of doubt it, but just use google, im sure that you'll find some and not others. these diagrams are going to be EXTREMELY complicated, so have fun trying to mod them or whatever you want to do.

more questions

thanks alot every one for your answers they all met my needs so i'll just ask more questions 8)

first i got one software for learing electrical electronics from Pro1. i want to know where i can get others like that cos' i couldn't seam to locate pro1 website. i'ld like help with that too.
thanks.

ulot i think that the site you are looking for, which has alot of free ebooks is edaboard.com

about power ICs, are you talking about voltage regulator ICs or are you talking about Power amplifier ICs. well i can tell you one thing that the power amplifier ICs are really BIG. but thats not a rule. it depends on the power output of the IC. the most common voltage regulator ICs are the 78XX ICs. but there are also alot of switching power supply ICs. so as it has already been suggested, whenever you want to identify an IC just search it on google.

panel diagrams??? are you talking about the service manuals of mobile phones which have the schematic diagrams and stuff like that. well, a search on google will give you numerous resources from where you can download service manuals of mobile phones. if u want the service manual of the nokia 1100 or the nokia 3310 then i can mail it to you because those are the only ones i have.

and lastly i would like to say that i dont believe in softwares for learning electronics. in my view a book is better than softwares. educational softwares do give u a little knowledge but for in-depth study and to gain a gut level understaning of the workings of something you need a book.

i hope that helps

thank you

Thaks alot everyone for your help i'll keep in touch with you on each step of prgress i make and will not hesitate in posting more questions.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back