Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question:Which e-reader for Data Sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobledoux

I'd like to purchase an e-reader with one function: To store the electronic parts manufacturers' data sheets in pdf file format.

Which would be a good choice? Consider the legibility of technical files as important.

What computer are you using that you would need to purchase an e-reader? All data sheets I have seen are PDF format anyway and Adobe Reader is a free download.

Have I missed something here?:(

I use a desktop for my programming work since its keyboard heavy. I'd like to have the data files for design work when I'm away from the computer and want access to my resource library. Just me, a paper tablet, and an e-reader.

You start with an E-Book reader comparison with a focus on e-books that support the .pdf file format. Then you look for readers with a good amount of memory. There are dozens of comparison charts on the internet.

Personally I wouldn't use an e-book reader because they have small screens for the most part and with exception of a few a low (by today's standards) screen resolution of 600 X 800 pixels.

I would consider a notebook (laptop) or even a netbook before thinking about using an e-book reader to store and view .pdf files.

Just My Take
Ron

I know the Nook and the more recent Sony models both support viewing of PDF files, and they're quiet nice to look at. The screen sizes are still too small for something like technical drawings especially with fine point text and detailed line drawings. Basically I don't know of any products that would be truly useful, you're going to want a minimum viewing size of 8.5x11, for technical drawings unless you have really good vision.

A netbook might be an option, a 16:9 display ratio 12 inch screen will give you a viewable area of about 6x10 inches, that's useable, but there aren't a lot of tablets that fit well for a book style.

My best guess is what you're looking for won't exist for another year or two, they will make them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back