Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question Regarding VFC waveforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Hi, may i asked how could one determined the Peak-to-peak value of the sine and square waves from the figure? Why is the Sine wave amplitude is smaller compare to the Square?

Attachments

• VFC_Sine.JPG
    VFC_Sine.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 116
The output of the MAX7410 is typically -3dB (0.707) at its cutoff frequency and its spec's are from -2.4dB to -3.6dB.

You will break it by exceeding its max input voltage. You are feeding it a 9V square-wave and its absolute max input is its supply voltage plus a tiny amount. I recommend attenuating the input signal to a p-p amount less than its supply voltage to avoid clipping.

How does actually the Switched capcitor IC (MAX7410) works to convert the Square to sine? I have no idea. Can somebody please tell me riefly?

When you get the input attenuated to fit into the input range of the MAX7410, as Audioguru suggested, the sine wave should actually be 4/pi times the amplitude of the input square wave. If you don't understand why, Google "fourier square wave".

km said:
How does actually the Switched capcitor IC (MAX7410) works to convert the Square to sine? I have no idea. Can somebody please tell me riefly?
Here is one explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back