Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on writing code for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyquest

I would like to modify a keypad routine so that it accepts a three digit input from the numbers "006 to 180" and store that value if it is in this range into eeprom memory, if not in this range display "- - -". It would display each digit as it is entered; example: if entering 888 it would display the first two digits 88 when entered and when the third digit 8 is entered display "- - -" on a seven segment display. I have code already for a 3x4 keypad and three seven segment displays that works and would like to add to this. The target device is a 16f628a. Could anyone point me to some sample code I had look at?
Thanks

johnnyquest said:
I would like to modify a keypad routine so that it accepts a three digit input from the numbers "006 to 180" and store that value if it is in this range into eeprom memory, if not in this range display "- - -". It would display each digit as it is entered; example: if entering 888 it would display the first two digits 88 when entered and when the third digit 8 is entered display "- - -" on a seven segment display. I have code already for a 3x4 keypad and three seven segment displays that works and would like to add to this. The target device is a 16f628a. Could anyone point me to some sample code I had look at?
Thanks

You could try my keypad tutorials, one of which gives code for a digital lock - not exactly what you want, but it might give some pointers?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back