Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on powering LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMud

OK, I need your help here. I'm looking to power a large number of LEDs and I've been getting conflicting advice. The LEDs I have use 100mA @ 3.5V. I'm connecting them through a regulated 8V supply, 2 series w/resistor on each string, 8 total strings. I've been looking for a flash circuit, but was unsure of how to do it. I tried to look and see if a 555 timer could do it, but wasn't sure. I didn't know if I would need a relay, or if there were better options. I really appreciate any help, especially if you have a direction to point me in. Thanks for looking.

You will need an NFET, Power Transistor, or a relay between a 555 (which can switch at most 0.2A) and your 0.8A strings of LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back