Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on charging a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismaelcantu84

I Am Trying To Make A Rechagable Battery Than Can Charge From Solar Panels, Usb (5v) And A Hand Cranked Dynamo. The Solar And Crank Will Output Diffrent Volts And So I Need A Battery Than Can Take Any Voltage You Throw At It. Does Anyone Know Which Would Be The Best Battery For This. Also It Has To Be A Very Small Battery About The Size Of A Mobile Phone Battery Or Smaller. Also How Would I Or What Would I Use So That The Battery Will Stop Charging When It's Fully Charged And Not Get Damaged. If Someone Can Please Help I Would Really Apreciate It. Thank You.

I would say a NiCad or NiMH battery, maybe 3 in series. Put a zener in parallel with batteries to limit the voltage across the battery and a current limiting resistor.

thank you.

I would say a NiCad or NiMH battery, maybe 3 in series. Put a zener in parallel with batteries to limit the voltage across the battery and a current limiting resistor.

FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THIS, BUT I'M A NEWBIE AT THIS. CAN YOU SHOW A DRAWING OF WHAT YOU MEAN OR HOW TO CONNECT THE BATTERIES AND EXACTLY HOW I CONNECT THE LIMITING RESISTOR. JUST PRETEND LIKE YOUR TRYING TO GET SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING TO UNDERSTAND, BECAUSE THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE TRUTH. ALSO WHERE CAN I BUY A LIMITTING RESISTOR? CAN I BUY IT LIKE A RADIO SHACK OR WOULD I HAVE TO BUY IT ONLINE? ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back