Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Bank select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

Hey all,

I'm writing this code for PIC. When I select the bank 1 for my 16f877, i use

BSF STATUS,RP0

followed by

CLRF TRISC
BSF TRISC, 2
BSF PIE1, CCP1IE

for using input capture.
When compiling, the compilers says the operand(in this case TRISC and PIE1) is not in bank 0. Why does it say not in bank 0 when I've changed the status to bank 1? Anyone can help?

Thanx

Spasm said:
Hey all,

I'm writing this code for PIC. When I select the bank 1 for my 16f877, i use

BSF STATUS,RP0

followed by

CLRF TRISC
BSF TRISC, 2
BSF PIE1, CCP1IE

for using input capture.
When compiling, the compilers says the operand(in this case TRISC and PIE1) is not in bank 0. Why does it say not in bank 0 when I've changed the status to bank 1? Anyone can help?

Thanx

It's a standard warning from MPASM that you are accessing something not in bank 0 - you can alter the warning level to stop it, but it stops other warnings as well. Best thing is to just ignore it!.

Allrite....
Thanx nigel....i was trying to figure why for such a long time. :?
But why if I write like

CLRF TRISC & 7F

it has no message?

Thank you

Spasm said:
Allrite....
But why if I write like

CLRF TRISC & 7F

it has no message?

Thank you

I've no idea - nor why you would do that in the first place :lol:

Spasm said:
Allrite....
But why if I write like

CLRF TRISC & 7F

it has no message?

Thank you

It's not the CLRF instruction that generates the bank bits warning message, it's the BSF STATUS, RP0 that generates it

but why would you use such an instructions
what you are doing is clearing the file on adress TRISC(87H) & 7F

Hey.

I'm not sure why the instruction is that way because that's how my fren taught me to clear the message instruction. Guess it doesnt matter now since the messages doesnt play important roles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back