Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question for Zener Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilbertSam

Hi All,

I have some querries regarding the Zener diode. In case a Zener diode specification is Vz = 5.2V and Pzmax = 260mW and Rz = 0.
a)What is the maximum allowable current Iz when the Zener diode is acting as regulator?
b) If a single-loop circuit consists of an ideal 15-VDC source Vs, a variable resistor R and the described Zener diode, find the range of values of R for which Zener diode remains in constant reverse breakdown with no danger of failure.

My solution for a) is 50mA
b) R range is >= 196 Ohm since the VDC source is ideal

For Part a) I quite sure that the answer is correct however for Part b) Please help to check whether correct or not?

Need all your kind help.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,
Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back