Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Win98, IE and Google email accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

Does anybody know if Google and Internet Explorer have both dropped their email interface to Windows 98? I happen to be fiddling around with two 'puters loaded with Win98 and cannot sign into email accounts, yet WinXP works fine. I suspect it has to do with Service Pack 2 update which is void for Win98. Am I on the right track here?

Could be, even Microsoft itself won't support Win98 anymore, I'm sure they put pressure on anyone they work with to do the same.

I know MS dropped support for Win98. There is a private website by a private developer that created a Service Pack 2 for Win98 and despite the user comments that it's a great upgrade, it screwed up my PC and I had to reload the OS in all over again. I think I'll just up the RAM in thse older machines and install XP. I'd like to use them as servers.

just drop Linux onto that machine. Since it is presently running 98 you cant be into (recent) gaming, thus Linux is ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back