Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about USB flash Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleemmoh

Hi every body
I hope this is the right section for my thread ,
I have USB flash memory doesn't work..
"USB device not recognized " that's the massage which appears ..
I know it needs to change the frameware ..
so I opened the flash but I don't know what's the info. I need to search for the compatible framware ..

regards,

This problem could have 100 different causes. Do other sticks work? What is the operating system? How does the stick show up in device manager if at all?

Try this:

1-Turn off the PC with the card in the slot (don't just restart, SHUT IT DOWN).
2-Restsrt the computer with the USB stick still inserted.

That is pretty generic. If you right click Computer and choose Manage what shows under Storage / Disk Mgmt?

Ron

I tried it with windows XP & windows 7 ,both gave me the same massage..
I used different methods .
so I'm sure it needs to change the framware..
do you have another solution ..??

If two different operating systems on two different systems fail to recognize the device there is a good possibility the device has failed. USB mass storage devices like thumb drives have a life cycle and can only be read from or written to so many times. Thus it is unwise to save critical data on such devices. I have never heard of Framware so I assume you mean Firmware, the fixed, usually rather small, programs and/or data structures that allow devices like USB mass storage devices to work.

I have no clue why you assume it is the firmware that is the problem? However, I do not know of any flash drive manufacturer who provides their firmware. If you want to gain an understanding of the firmware and file systems used on such devices I suggest you read this link. There is quite a bit involved in doing what it seems you want to do.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back