Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about timing of multiple servo signals from reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I'm still working on my project that involves interpreting the signal from a servo controlling reciever. Its a traxxas 2 channel reciever with a 27mhz crystal. It works, but I'd like to see if I can read two or more with a chip that only has one capture module (18F1320) I've been told that these recievers typically have the pulses offset from eachother, but while descriptions and explainations of PWM signals for servos are plentiful, I can't find any that describe the relative timing of the signals to eachother, and how that offset might be arranged. There are a few ways this could help me develop my plan, if they are always pulsed in the same grouped order, I could tell them apart by that one would be the pulse after the short delay, and one would be the pulse after the long one. If they are simply spread out, I could connect one signal to both the capture pin and a second pin with a diode to filter the other signal on the capture pin from getting though to that second pin, then I could read the second pin to tell me which signal was comming in.

To the main point, how do radio controll receivers time their pulses to all their servos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back