Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about resistive load and inductive load..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummy55555

Hi,
I had gone through these terms "resistive load and inductive load" when studying rectifier in power electronics module. I know that the output waveform will be different from both loads.
But mine question is what are resistive load and inductive load actually mean?? What are those load actually is in practical way?? or in real world???
Are they resistor, motor or something else??
Can someone explain more detail for me.??
thank you...

Hi there,

Yes an example of an inductive load would be a motor. It's partially inductive and partially resistive.
The wire that makes up the armature presents a resistance to the drive source, so that's where the resistance comes from (electrical resistance that is). The wire is wound around the core and that makes up the inductive part. So the total construction ends up looking like a resistor and inductor.

A light bulb or a heating element is resistive.

There is not much in this world that is pure anything. Usually there is some inductive part in a load, maybe from the wire leads. There is a resistive part and a capacitive. Loads can be (are) complex.

A heating element, that is resistive, might be mostly resistive, 1% inductive and 0.01% capacitive.
A motor might be 50%, 48% and 2%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back