Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about making a counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !

I remember that I made one last year but I don't know exactly where my lab sheets are.
It was with one or two ICs, counting bits I beleive, with a display changing with the bits I think.

The idea is to make a little machine that will count the number of turns a wheel does. (Actually it's a wool-thing wrapper for old ladies at a social club of some sort)

I'd like to know the parts that I need and a little refresh if you have time.
I know it's probably a 3$ circuit

Do you want a " 7 segment display counter "? If so google it.

A CD40110 4-bit Up/Down decimal counter will directly drive a 7-segment LED display. You need one counter for each digit.

We need to know a few more things, since we can't read your mind. (Yet!)
  • What kind of input? In other words, how is this little machine going to know when the wheel has made one turn: magnetic sensor? something else?
  • As the member above alluded to, how do you want to display the count? A 7-segment LED would be easy and effective.
  • Battery-operated?

Such a little machine should be a piece of cake for some of the members here to design, if they know what you actually want.

Hi,

this circuit might refresh your memory.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Boncuk

That would be great, if you could actually read those teeny-tiny letters and numbers ...

Please get your eyes or your glasses (spectacles) checked.

I'm 69, wearing outdated glasses (over two years) and can read those teeny-tiny letters and numbers from three feet distance.

A pdf file can be enlarged to read the part numbers and values properly.

Presently I'm unable to attach any file using "Manage Attachments". Therefore I converted the files to gif files and posted the link of the file hoster.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
I can read it well enough to tell it uses CD40110s to drive 7 seg displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back