Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Logitech Z-2300 Chip Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RishiGuru

I found on net that Z-2300 uses Class-AB power amplifiers from STMicroelectronics. But i am not sure what type of chip it uses. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance.

Some websites are saying it uses 2 X TDA7295 chips bridged together for the subwoofer & two TDA7296 for the two satellites.

Now, this is quite justifiable considering two TDA7295 bridged together will pump out 80 X 2 = 160W. Subwoofer is rated at 120W by Logitech, so the amplifier have enough headroom to produce distortion free bass even a full volume.

While for satellites it uses TDA7296 each capable to deliver 60W. Satellites are rated 40W by Logitech, so their is enough headroom.

Currently some websites are calming Z-2300 has four TDA7296. So the subwoofer have 2 X 60 = 120W with no headroom but still matches the Logitech's claimed sub output.

But the sound quality of the former will be definitely better than the later at high volume due to lower distortion of the fromer

From the Logitech website I found out that Z-2300 have two model generations
1) M/N: S-0118A
2) M/N: S-0118B
This numbers are printed at the back of the subwoofer.

Is the second model a low grade model than the previous one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back