Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about HT 8870 in the TELESWITCH circuit !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambalik

hi
i am making a teleswitch ( remote control using telephone )
i am using the HT 8870 as a DTMF to BCD decoder.
the question is when does the 8870 starts decoding DTMF to BCD ?
after picking up the phone or before while ringing ?
plz answer me urgently.
here is the documentation file.

Here is a teleremote circuit which enables switching ‘on’ and ‘off’ of appliances through telephone lines. It can be used to switch appliances from any distance, overcoming the limited range of infrared and radio remote controls.
The circuit described here can be used to switch up to nine appliances (corresponding to the digits 1 through 9 of the telephone key-pad). The DTMF signals on telephone instrument are used as control signals. The digit ‘0’ in DTMF mode is used to toggle between the appliance mode and normal telephone operation mode. Thus the telephone can be used to switch on or switch off the appliances also while being used for normal conversation.
The circuit uses IC KT3170 (DTMF-to-BCD converter), 74154 (4-to-16-line demult-iplexer), and five CD4013 (D flip-flop) ICs. The working of the circuit is as follows.
Once a call is established (after hearing ring-back tone), dial ‘0’ in DTMF mode. IC1 decodes this as ‘1010,’ which is further demultiplexed by IC2 as output O10 (at pin 11) of IC2 (74154). The active low output of IC2, after inversion by an inverter gate of IC3 (CD4049), becomes logic 1. This is used to toggle flip-flop-1 (F/F-1) and relay RL1 is energised. Relay RL1 has two changeover contacts, RL1(a) and RL1(b). The energised RL1(a) contacts provide a 220-ohm loop across the telephone line while RL1(b) contacts inject a 10kHz tone on the line, which indicates to the caller that appliance mode has been selected. The 220-ohm loop on telephone line disconnects the ringer from the telephone line in the exchange. The line is now connected for appliance mode of operation.
If digit ‘0’ is not dialed (in DTMF) after establishing the call, the ring continues and the telephone can be used for normal conversation. After selection of the appliance mode of operation, if digit ‘1’ is dialed, it is decoded by IC1 and its output is ‘0001’. This BCD code is then demultiplexed by 4-to-16-line demultiplexer IC2 whose corresponding output, after inversion by a CD4049 inverter gate, goes to logic 1 state. This pulse toggles the corresponding flip-flop to alternate state. The flip-flop output is used to drive a relay (RL2) which can switch on or switch off the appliance connected through its contacts. By dialing other digits in a similar way, other appliances can also be switched ‘on’ or ‘off.’
Once the switching operation is over, the 220-ohm loop resistance and 10kHz tone needs to be removed from the telephone line. To achieve this, digit ‘0’ (in DTMF mode) is dialed again to toggle flip-flop-1 to de-energise relay RL1, which terminates the loop on line and the 10kHz tone is also disconnected. The telephone line is thus again set free to receive normal calls.This circuit is to be connected in parallel to the telephone instrument.

just give me ur mail and i will send u the circuit schematic.

teleremote control

sir,

kindly send me the circuit diagram of a teleremote control with the explanation of the circuit. is there any modification to this circuit?

DTMF converter

sir
can please tell me a chips or ics (their code no. manufacturer or any usefull info) that can convert DTMF tone to a digital signal such as BCD or something?please kindly reply...
urgent!!!

Hi

In a general situation.
it is something like this

the telephone is like this in my country

ring for 400 ms off for 200 ms ring for 400 ms then off for 2 sec and repeat..

if caller id is provided

then ring for 400ms then in 2 second delay. in the delay DTMF caller information is transmitted. then the regular ring starts.

to check this connect your sound cards line in to the telephone line with 2 100nmF caps in both wires and start recording on some audio application like goldwave. give a ring to the telephone and see the recorded signal and you will know what to do

... good luck :D :idea:

The caller ID (CLIP) signal coming (if provided) between first and second ring,no DTMF - the digital data (date,time caller number) coming with FSK modulation. The DTMF decoder work only in off-hook state.

zambalik... i got the same question with u.. i wanted to work on this circuit.. but not sure how to do.. can u give mi some guideline..

DTMF confusion

hi, i m finding problems with these circuits.
i m getting very different output.
does this circuit give the output as we dial the number?
what r the dialing fundas?
does it necessary to dial '0'?
pls answer me immediately

zambalik said:
hi
i am making a teleswitch ( remote control using telephone )
i am using the HT 8870 as a DTMF to BCD decoder.
the question is when does the 8870 starts decoding DTMF to BCD ?
after picking up the phone or before while ringing ?
plz answer me urgently.
here is the documentation file.

Here is a teleremote circuit which enables switching ‘on’ and ‘off’ of appliances through telephone lines. It can be used to switch appliances from any distance, overcoming the limited range of infrared and radio remote controls.
The circuit described here can be used to switch up to nine appliances (corresponding to the digits 1 through 9 of the telephone key-pad). The DTMF signals on telephone instrument are used as control signals. The digit ‘0’ in DTMF mode is used to toggle between the appliance mode and normal telephone operation mode. Thus the telephone can be used to switch on or switch off the appliances also while being used for normal conversation.
The circuit uses IC KT3170 (DTMF-to-BCD converter), 74154 (4-to-16-line demult-iplexer), and five CD4013 (D flip-flop) ICs. The working of the circuit is as follows.
Once a call is established (after hearing ring-back tone), dial ‘0’ in DTMF mode. IC1 decodes this as ‘1010,’ which is further demultiplexed by IC2 as output O10 (at pin 11) of IC2 (74154). The active low output of IC2, after inversion by an inverter gate of IC3 (CD4049), becomes logic 1. This is used to toggle flip-flop-1 (F/F-1) and relay RL1 is energised. Relay RL1 has two changeover contacts, RL1(a) and RL1(b). The energised RL1(a) contacts provide a 220-ohm loop across the telephone line while RL1(b) contacts inject a 10kHz tone on the line, which indicates to the caller that appliance mode has been selected. The 220-ohm loop on telephone line disconnects the ringer from the telephone line in the exchange. The line is now connected for appliance mode of operation.
If digit ‘0’ is not dialed (in DTMF) after establishing the call, the ring continues and the telephone can be used for normal conversation. After selection of the appliance mode of operation, if digit ‘1’ is dialed, it is decoded by IC1 and its output is ‘0001’. This BCD code is then demultiplexed by 4-to-16-line demultiplexer IC2 whose corresponding output, after inversion by a CD4049 inverter gate, goes to logic 1 state. This pulse toggles the corresponding flip-flop to alternate state. The flip-flop output is used to drive a relay (RL2) which can switch on or switch off the appliance connected through its contacts. By dialing other digits in a similar way, other appliances can also be switched ‘on’ or ‘off.’
Once the switching operation is over, the 220-ohm loop resistance and 10kHz tone needs to be removed from the telephone line. To achieve this, digit ‘0’ (in DTMF mode) is dialed again to toggle flip-flop-1 to de-energise relay RL1, which terminates the loop on line and the 10kHz tone is also disconnected. The telephone line is thus again set free to receive normal calls.This circuit is to be connected in parallel to the telephone instrument.

just give me ur mail and i will send u the circuit schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back