Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadleb3

Hi everybody:
I have a small problem concerning the H-bridge L298 since am building a line following robot and am using the L298 H-bridge… the problem which am facing it that I only need to use 1 input from phase A and 1 input from phase B and to be more clear I only need to use pin ( 5 & 10) and still I have 2 input pins free " pin ( 7 & 11) so my question is it safe to connect these pins (7 &11) to the ground or connects the pins (7-5) & pins (10-11) with each others and then use the 2 inputs as 1 input ?? if there is any idea please post it and thanks a lot

Data sheet here:

https://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1773.pdf

Do you need bi-directional control? It seems the way you want to control your robot is to have either a left motor on, a right motor on, or both motors on (forward). Why not just use two transistors and save some time? On the other hand, if you do want to use the chip, just tie pins 7 and 10 to ground. Then you can use Pin 5 for one motor and Pin 12 for the other.

I hope that helps!

ya I thought before about ur idea but dunno it didn't work properly so i bought the L298 but i was wondering abt these inputs...anyway i will connect them to the ground directly and thanks a lot for your help

Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back