Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about current flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodturner550

How does the current flow in the -12 volt part of the circuit? Both circuits use the same ground or negative post.
current circuit.JPG

I believe the current flow is correct for the 5 volt circuit, but what about the -12 volt.

woodturner550

Last edited:
hi,
This shows the conventional current flow direction, electrons flow the opposite way.

Attachments

• current circuit.JPG
    current circuit.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 244
AFTER a few assumptions,

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 228
current flow 2.jpg

Yes. I am sorry I was not more clear. Your explainations cleared up my question. The lecturer was stating it one way and I understood it another way.

He was saying you just reverse the flow so it is not -. He said both are correct and you are just looking at it from another point of view. That got me to ask the question I asked. Because you have both a pos and neg voltage.

Thanks again both for you help.

woodturner550

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back