Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question About Control Box Fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telewanger

I have made a control box for my pool pump. The buzzer is 110 mA the power needed is 12 Volt backup battery and 12 volt wall wart.

Do I need to place a fuse in the circuit, inside of the control box?

For instance, if the wall wart goes bad or too much voltage goes through the power jack, it may make the battery explode or get real hot! It may be a fire hazzard.

If so, what kind or type of fuse or breaker would I place in line for 110 ma buzzer and 12 volt wall wart?

Here is a photo!

**broken link removed**

I guess I need to put in 2 diodes, to correct the problem, right?

One between the adapter power wire and one between the battery, I guess!

What about some sort of fuse?

I guess I need to put in 2 diodes, to correct the problem, right?
One between the adapter power wire and one between the battery, I guess!
What about some sort of fuse?

That would be fine. Bypass the battery's diode with a parallel low value resistor if the wall wart is also used to charge the battery.

I would insert two fuses, one at the battery and one where the wall-wart DC comes into the box.

Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back