Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about comparators

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronicBrain

can I use the comparators in PIC 16f877A as unity gain inverse amplifier or they can only be logic comparators?
thanks

As far as I'm aware, you cannot use the comparators as a voltage follower. The outputs of the comparators are digital and so will only be stable at digital levels. Adding feedback will produce an unknown region but this is only caused by input offsets. I would guess that feedback could be used to introduce a level of hysteresis or with a feedback resistor and a capacitor you might even get an oscillator.

HTH

Mike.

Thanks for your reply Pommie

It was just an idea in order to aviod using op-amp to buffer LM35 from the ADC input channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back