Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennisc

My original circuit was A'+A'B+AC. I DeMorgan
it to A+(A+B')+(A'+C') I need to rewrite this with
nothing buy NOR gates. Should I simplify this
A+(A+B')+(A'+C') to C'+B'. I just don't know if I simplify
this before trying to draw this out.
Thanks

you are wrong with using the demorgans law...
according to the law...
(x+y+z)' = x'.y'.z'
in your example... u have given A'+A'B+AC
so lets take...
x=A'
y=A'B
z=AC
so using the law....
(A'+A'B+AC)' = A.(A'B)'.(AC)'
= A.(A+B').(A'+C')
= A.(AC'+A'B'+B'C')
= AC'+AB'C'
= AC'(1+B')
= AC'

so isnt your expnasion wrong?

I guess I did this wrong. I was just trying to DeMorgan A'+A'B+AC so I could rewrite this circuit using nothing but NOR gates. I attached a copy of the circuit I am trying to convert over to using NOR.
Thanks

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
to realize any given function only using NAND/NOR logic, do the following...

(1). First draw out an implementation of the boolean function using AND gates, OR gates and INVERTERS.
(2). Apply DeMorgan's Law to the circuit by using the equivalences in the first two rows of the Figure i have attached below. To create a NAND only circuit, use the transforms in the left box, and for a NOR only circuit use the transforms in the right-hand box.
(3). Any time that two inverters are in series (an inverted output goes directly in to an inverted input), remove both of them, since they cancel each other out.
(4). Replace any remaining inverters with the equivalent NAND or NOR implementation (the third row of the Figure).

i guess your process will now become simple...

Attachments

• demorgans.jpg
    demorgans.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back