Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about a relay with an on switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneedham

I am looking for a little help finding a combinaiton power switch with a relay. Here is my situation if you like easy puzzles. I have a set of photo eyes that send out a 12v signal to a 12v-120v relay that activate a pair of electromagnetic magnets everytime the beam on the eyes are broken. My goal is to find a relay/switch that will activate the magnets the first time the beam is broken, but will open the circuit and not allow the magnets to receive power again until a switch is manually activated, kinda like a circuit breaker. I would prefer for the switch to be lighted so I can tell when the system is ready. Thank you for your help...

I'm a bit hazy on what you are asking. What are your power requirements? Do you already have the sensor to detect beam breakage?

If your power requirements aren't too high, have you considered a reed relay? I've seen some that go up to 2 Amps.

Do you need a sort of Latch like the one used in Start / Stop logic (attached) ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back