Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about a programming microcontrollers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbu

Question about programming microcontrollers...

I'm new to programming microcontrollers so to start out I was going to get MicroChips Part Number: DV164121 - PICkit 2 Debug Express kit. I am starting out with a curcuit that uses a PIC16F627A chip.

But...in order to use the ICD2 to debug the PIC16F627A the header (AC162053) is needed. If someone has the time, could you please explain what that header part is and what it does?

Thanks

Last edited:
It's a special expensive IC - it's far easier, and MUCH cheaper to pick another PIC that has debugging built-in - some more modern 18 pin devices are suitable, or larger ones like the 16F876/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back