Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Queries on Remote Tester Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirumalai_pm

Hi,

I am new to IR. I am trying to build a Remote Tester Circuit using TSOP 1738. I got the information about the circuit on the link

But I did some change in the component as I did not have it with me.
1. Instead of R1 12K, I tried with 10K or 15K.
2. Instead of Buzzer I tried with 8 Ohm, 1W speaker.
3. Instead of C1 - 10uF 25V, I tried with 10uF 50V.

I use my TV remote to test the circuit. When I switch on the circuit there is a disturbance on the speaker, but when I on/off the remote - no sound in the speaker and LED not emitting.

What could be the issue. Can you let me know how to change my circuit to achive the same.

Many Thanks, Thirumalai M

Attachments

• clip_image00219.gif
    clip_image00219.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to IR. I am trying to build a Remote Tester Circuit using TSOP 1738. I got the information about the circuit on the link

But I did some change in the component as I did not have it with me.
1. Instead of R1 12K, I tried with 10K or 15K.
2. Instead of Buzzer I tried with 8 Ohm, 1W speaker.
3. Instead of C1 - 10uF 25V, I tried with 10uF 50V.

I use my TV remote to test the circuit. When I switch on the circuit there is a disturbance on the speaker, but when I on/off the remote - no sound in the speaker and LED not emitting.

What could be the issue. Can you let me know how to change my circuit to achive the same.

Many Thanks, Thirumalai M

hi,
Look at this datasheet, you must drive the IR emitter in the way described, also check the TSOP output specification.

Attachments

• 301092_DS.pdf
    209.1 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back