Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quasi Resonant DC/DC converter (zero current switching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HQR

Hi,

For a scholar project in electronics, I need to repair a Quasi Resonant DC/DC converter with Zero switching current.

The whole power part is already done (resistances, capacitors, electric supply, Effect Hall sensors, ...) but now, I have to realize the function Zero Current Switching : according to my teacher, I have to use a component from Texas Instruments : "UC 3865".

I have received it but, despite the datasheet ( you can find it here : https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/12/uc3865.pdf ) , i don't understand several details so i would be interested if someone could explain me what to connect on each of the component's pins.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my bad english (cause i'm french)

You first need a good understanding of how resonant mode converters work. Google to find some tutorials on the subject. I also suggest you see if TI has an application note for that device. It's a complex device and its operation can not be explained in a few sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back