Quasi Resonant DC/DC converter (zero current switching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HQR

Hi,

For a scholar project in electronics, I need to repair a Quasi Resonant DC/DC converter with Zero switching current.

The whole power part is already done (resistances, capacitors, electric supply, Effect Hall sensors, ...) but now, I have to realize the function Zero Current Switching : according to my teacher, I have to use a component from Texas Instruments : "UC 3865".

I have received it but, despite the datasheet ( you can find it here : https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/12/uc3865.pdf ) , i don't understand several details so i would be interested if someone could explain me what to connect on each of the component's pins.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my bad english (cause i'm french)

You first need a good understanding of how resonant mode converters work. Google to find some tutorials on the subject. I also suggest you see if TI has an application note for that device. It's a complex device and its operation can not be explained in a few sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…