Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quad bike tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmcc

I am looking for a few ideas on the below:

I am looking for a tracking system for quad bikes. The system must keep track of the bike over a 50km radius. The bikes can do up to 100km/h and I'm looking for updates every 30 secs. From looking around I thougt the best route would be to use a gpm/gsm device to a central console. From the console I can track bikes that get losts, or stop etc.

Has anyone looked at something like this before? Would it be more viable to build the circuit from scratch, or buy a ready make device - any device recommendations?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

Hi

is the place, where the quads will be (are?) used covered with GSM network?
What is terrain profile - can it be covered with VHF/UHF radio transmitter?

Are in the country VHF/UHF channels available to rent/lease?

Last edited:
Aprs

Do a little research on APRS. Amateur radio operators use this with transceivers and GPS devices to query and report on positions - often displayed on base station PC w/map overlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back