Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quad 44 Sub woofer output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord_1011

I have a Quad 44 and Quad 405-2 stereo setup, however i recently obtained a B&W ASW650 Sub woofer(22kOhm Input Impedance). Now reading the technical spec for the Quad 405-2, and it says the amplifier loads the input with 20 kOhm in parallel to a 220pF capacitor. Now if i wired a Lowpass RC Filter (20Kohm & 44nF Capacitor) parallel to the amplifier to provide an output signal for the Sub woofer with a crossover frequency of 180 Hz would it effect the performance of the Quad 405-2?

Would using two lowpass filters (one for each channel) and then merging them into a mono input for the Sub woofer cause crosstalk?

**broken link removed**
By taylor102121

on the diagram i replaced the two 20K ohm resistors with 47Kohm to create a mono signal.

Last edited:
Yea it does, I didn't think of that, but how should I wire the Subwoofer to the Quad? should i Use one of the 5V or 1.6V phono outputs, drop it down to a mono signal and then input that into the Subwoofer?

I would be inclined to simply tap off the speaker outputs with a couple of high value resistors, joined to a common resistor down to ground (making an attenuator) - no need to mess about in the preamp stages.

but if the signal needs to be line level, then why dont i use the 1.6 Volt Stereo pre out and drop it down to a mono signal for the sub woofer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back