Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QBasic 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man...qbasic, that brings back some memories. My dad brought home a pc from work, a whopping 386 (with the math coprocessor :lol: ). My brother and friends would go onto the old bulletin board systems and stuff. We even wrote our own games in qbasic. I think I was only 9 years old at the time too. (Im 21 now)

jrz126 said:
(Im 21 now)

I am 21 too... :) My first PC was probably a 186. PC XT. It has 640 Kb Ram and 20 MB HD. a 5 1/2" floppy drive. It had a basic built in into it's ROM. SO if no OS is found, it started GWBasic.

I started withy QBasic when I was 13. It was a mac with a DOS compatablity card.

Same here. I started off with a 286 12Mhz. 640k ram and a 3.5 floppy. The 10meg HD came in handy for one good game and dos. I sold it for a 486 33Mhz.

I still have a running 286 in my daughters bedroom. 8 Mhz. 64k ram expanded to 1 meg. and 20 meg hard disk.
5 1/4 disk and 3.5 inch floppies.
It costed $5000 brand new.

I too, program it's parallel ports with qbasic.

I'm 22

and I started electronics at around 12 by blowing up random components (without intention), and removing the "greek" out of the schematics. ;-)

Funny enough, I started computers much later (at around 15).

i am 18 and started with an acorn archemedies :D

lol, F12 (?) and u get basic. Had tape drives, CD drives (with the seperate disk holder casset) and lemmings.

Lol, too young to have ever seen the stuff u talk about :lol:

WOW!!!

Classic computers...

One thing that I noticed is that those who begin with dos have better insight into computers than those who used just windows.

And the people from the unix and telnet days are the zen masters. :)

lord loh. said:
WOW!!!

Classic computers...

One thing that I noticed is that those who begin with dos have better insight into computers than those who used just windows.

And the people from the unix and telnet days are the zen masters. :)

Thats really weird that you mentioned that. I'm working on this locomotive simulator project at work with a couple other interns, and we are using unix based systems. None of us have used Unix before, so its kinda difficult to learn, but since I am familar with dos, I've picked up on it quicker than them. which makes me appear to be smart :lol:

I've also noticed that I pick up on how to use software very quickly. Which could be related to my early exposure to computers.

BASIC for free ?

Fantastic, thanks lord loh :!:
I look forward to using this - just finished downloading :D

I bought (!) VB6 Pro (a legal installation?) and use it for odds and ends but being an object oriented laguage it is USELESS at those little tasks we took for granted with good old linear BASIC, such as converting ASCII coded HEX to binary for ROM codes etc.

I started on DEC PDP 11 series at work and a Sinclair Spectrum for home - I still think the Spectrum a really good computer, no M$ bloatware !

Re: BASIC for free ?

mechie said:
I bought (!) VB6 Pro (a legal installation?) and use it for odds and ends but being an object oriented laguage it is USELESS at those little tasks we took for granted with good old linear BASIC, such as converting ASCII coded HEX to binary for ROM codes etc.

Don't use the object oriented features then?, it's a 'super set' of an old BASIC, you should be able to do pretty well anything you could with an old BASIC. In fact, if it's anything like Delphi!, you'll probably find many of the things you want to do are already supplied as part of the compiler. I've written a number of things in Delphi over the years, only to find out later I could have done it with a single line of code! - just by using a supplied library :)

The problem is knowing what's available!.

ante said:
Hi Loh,

What kind of file is this (Qbz.7z)?
Is it compressed in some form?

Yea I downloaded the file too but I've no idea what type of file it is. Even running the file on an old win 95 in dos mode doesn't work. Bugger as I'd luv a copy of Qbasic to tinker with

:( Bryan

Hi again Loh,

Internet Explorer prevents me from downloading from any of these mirrors! Are there any alternatives?

ante said:
Hi again Loh,

Internet Explorer prevents me from downloading from any of these mirrors! Are there any alternatives?

:?: :shock: I do not think there is a mirror for dos (only one link)

**broken link removed**

Visit this page. It shall say "wait for 60 sec",59 sec...2sec.. 1sec.."Click Here to download"

Click and wait...The download starts....

I am not sure if it allows you to download with download managers like Download accelrators or gozilla etc....

Hope this helps...

PS : Don't ask me to mail this file. I had a tough time uploading it over a dial-up connection :(

Eh Ante,
If your having troubles downloading it PM me and I can e-mail it to you

Cheers Bryan :D

Hi Guys,

The Qbz.7z file is not the problem, went like clockwork but the 7zip will not download! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back