Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Q Measurement Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACharnley

I'm trying to calculate the parallel resistance and verify the series resistance for an inductor. The properties are below, provided by the manufacturer.

Screenshot_2020-02-20_10-08-53.png

(Please ignore the parallel resistance value to begin with, that was my calculation and could be wrong)

The LCR meter they used ran at 100Hz, and using the equation

Screenshot_2020-02-20_10-09-40.png

I derived a value of 17.7

Screenshot_2020-02-20_10-16-21.png

Which isn't that close to the RS value they've supplied.

My ultimate goal is to know the resistances here:

Screenshot_2020-02-20_10-20-28.png

The tricky part is Rgp.

Questions:

1. Why is my 17.7 figure so far out from the 10 they've supplied?
2. How come the 10-17.7 value is so far off from the actual resistance (3.7)?
3. How to calculate the parallel resistance from the data they've supplied?

I'm unsure. The value I have from another document for a less efficient but otherwise similar generator is 55 ohm.

I can't see how Rgp can be derived. Rgs is from on the windings, Rgp is eddies in the core - how can it be calculated from inductance and winding/series resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back