Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.
MartyK said:
I need a PWM-to-resistance convertor.
Any circuits, anyone?

TIA
Marty
Montreal, Canada
Transfom the PWM in to a varying voltage (stabilised SMPS :confused: ) and then use a voltage to res converter (like a FET). Hope there is a much simple way. Like Nigel says, give more details!

Sure we need much detail of the whole thing... why it should end with a resistor? what is the purpose.. you know.

Salut!

Hello

The pulse is 10VDC, varing from approx 5Hz to 35Hz.
I need to convert this to about 38KΩ to 1.5KΩ respectively.
TIA

Marty.
Montreal, Canada

You start saying PWM, and are now saying frequencies? Anyhow, if it is frequency, a system may be designed around a frequency to voltage chip and the floating voltage controlled resistor shown as figure 10 in this datasheet:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/L/M/1/3/LM13700.shtml

Those are very low frequencies though to be working with. If it is indeed PWM, I believe a lowpass filter will convert to relevant voltage levels. What response do you want anyhow, linear, logarithmic?

MartyK said:
Hello

TIA

Marty.
Montreal, Canada

why exactly do you need a "variable resistor" are you trying to make a variable amplifier whose gain is controlled via PWM freq?
plus anyway you are not modulating the pulse in this case, it sounds more like FM

some info really is needed, what is the variable resistor for?

MartyK said:
Now why would you want to do that?

I've never heard of something so pointless. I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry, you're right Dr.EM. Input is a variable frequency 10V square-wave. The output (variable resistance) will control a PTH12040 power module.

Thanks for your help
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back