Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM to TTL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkai

Hi everyone. I'm having some trouble figuring something out...

I want to take an incoming PWM signal, and convert it back to TTL...

I'm making a wireless infrared transmitter/receiver, that converts a TTL signal into a PWM signal, and then transmits it, and recovers the original TTL signal from the PWM signal. I'm transmitting at 9600 baud (4.8Khz)

I"m having problems figuring out how to do this. From what I know, best way to do it, is to convert the signal into a PAM signal, and then put it through an integrator and low pass filter to recover it.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, or any links/info, that would be great.

You don't give any indication of what the signal's like?, are you using specific pulse widths for a zero and a one?. If so you should also use an extra pulse width for a start bit, in order to identify the start of a byte.

You need to be aware that the received pulse aren't the same width as the transmitted ones, and also check that the system will cope with the speeds you're attempting!.

You might check my IR PIC tutorial which uses the Sony SIRCS system, this uses a PWM scheme.

Basically you need a micro-controller solution, hardware would be far more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back