Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pwm to linear voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajgik

hi all,

i am using 8051 and making a pwm of 0 to 1ms varyation. this pwm output need to convert it to linear voltage (dc). what i need to do?? rc filter ? if yes how can i measure the values of components.

10x :wink:

If your frequency is 1kHz, R=158K, C=0.1uF will put the ripple down 40 dB (1/100) at 1 kHz. In general, if you want the ripple to be down 20dB (1/10) use the formula: R*C = 1.58/F Where F is the 20dB frequency. To be down 40dB (1/100) use: R*C = 15.8/F and for each 20 dB lower, move the decimal point one place to the right. This formula is not accurate for frequencies less than F=1.58/R/C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back