Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pwm speed controller for a go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvfc2

not sure where this goes but here it is: ok i got a power supply and speed controller from a proform 525x crosswalk advanced and i want to use it for a go kart. oh yea i also got a motor from it. i dont have a potentiometer. i would like to know how to hook one up to it and if i would need the ac to dc power supply to make it all work. if i dont how i can hook the batteries up to the speed controller.

Looking at the motor it is 130DC meant to run off a controller supplyed by mains power. Will not work for a battery powered device. For a go kart you could start with an old power scooter or powerd wheel chair. Andy

I just completed a 12V battery powered "tug" for my airplane. I used a 1/4HP 130VDC Bodine gearmotor. I used a PIC uController to Pulse Width Modulate the motor current to control speed, the acceleration curve, and the de-acceleration. Since the motor required 130V, I used a 800W modified sine wave inverter and a full-wave diode bridge rectifier to make 130VDC from a 18AH 12V SLA battery. Works fine... Pictures and schematic previously posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back